The key consideration in deciding which level of course to embark upon is to enure that you are in a position to achieve success on your chosen route.
As part of the process of applying to join the Sixth Form you will be asked to attend an interview to discuss the suitability of your chosen courses.
You will need to read the subject details in the prospectus on this website carefully and consider the recommended GCSE grades required to take an A Level or BTEC Level 3 course for particular subjects.
It is also important that you talk to the subject teachers at the Sixth Form Open Evening and Year 12 students who are currently studying the courses to help you in your decision making,
Please note that in A Level Biology, Physics, Chemistry a Grade B is required, A minimum bank of knowledge based on GCSE achievement is needed if students are to have a reasonable chance of success at A Level.
What are the possible routes?
Your interview and discussions with subject staff and current students will provide you with ideas about possible combinations of subjects and the most suitable level of study for you. The most common combinations depending on your GCSE grades are:
- 5 A*-G grades at GCSE leading to two one year Level 2 course in ICT, Sports Studies, Graphic, Communication & Hospitality. It may be possible to combine one of these courses with a level three course where a student has a particular strength
- 5 A* - C grades (grade 5 in maths and English) at GCSE leading to 3 A Level or BTEC Level 3 courses.
- Arrive punctually and attend all registrations, scheduled lessons, assemblies and conferences (including learning support sessions where identified)
- Meet all work and study requirements and coursework deadlines
- Attend all scheduled examinations
- Contribute to the Sixth Form community and to maintain a pleasant environment for both study and recreation
- Respect other people's property, personal space and opinions
- Engage with the targets set out in your learning plan
- Consult with a member of the Sixth Form Team