Here are a few links to help make your life online safer.
SaferInternet.org.uk - Resources for 11-19s
SaferInternet.org.uk - Facebook Checklist
SaferInternet.org.uk - How to make a report about non Academy Systems
NSPCC - Share Aware
Beaufort Co-operative Academy - Whisper Report System
NSPCC - Pokemin Go Parents Guide
Staying safe online
- When it comes to online gaming, Childline says not to give out personal information that might identify you, and to tell someone if you are made to feel uncomfortable
- The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) says there are a few "warning signs" when it comes to online gaming - if someone tries encourages you to share personal information, offers you "cheats" to help with a game or seems to have lots in common with you, they could have an ulterior motive
- Flattery, trying to talk about sex, asking for pictures or trying to keep the messages a secret should also set alarm bells ringing
- CEOP's campaign, "Think U Know", also includes resources for use in the class room or at home, and a way of reporting concerns
- BBC Webwise has made a series of films about family online safety - how to use controls, locks and parental tools, how to beat online bullies and information about "sexting"
- Essex Police's website features a film of a teenager speaking out about how she was manipulated and threatened by a man online