How to Apply
Sixth Form Application Process for places in 2019
29th November 2018 Sixth Form Open Evening
- Visit the various subjects and discuss possible options with subject staff.
Application for Beaufort Co-operative Academy Sixth Form
- Decide on the subjects you wish to choose, again speak to your teachers about your suitability for the subject.
- You should take into account your Teacher Progress Grades and your MEG
- Discuss your choices with your Tutor and or a member of the Sixth Form Guidance Team
- Complete the Application Form choosing your subjects (3 plus a reserve choice for Level 3 OR 2 subjects for Level 2).
Deadline for submission of your Application Form
- Complete and submit your application by Monday 3rd December 2018 to ensure that your subject choices are included in the Option Blocking process. If you would like a paper copy of the application form or prospectus please contact the Sixth Form Office.
- It will be possible to apply for the Sixth Form after this date but subjects will have to be chosen from the set Option Blocks.
- Option Blocks will be set to accommodate the greatest number of student choices.
Sixth Form Interviews January - February 2019
- Guidance Interviews will be held from the start of term 3 to discuss and confirm subject choices.
- As a result of these interviews places in the Sixth Form will be offered subject to meeting the required GCSE performance criteria.
- Further guidance interviews will be available to any student who requires additional advice.
Year 11 into Year 12 Induction - ‘Closing the Gap’ between Year 11 and Year 12
- Monday 8th July/Tuesday 9th July 2019
- To provide an insight into both the content and methods of level 3 study and the approach needed to cope with the much higher demands of this level of work.
- An excellent opportunity for any students who are intending to embark on Level 3 study in September to ensure that they are prepared to make an effective start to their courses.